FOR REGISTRATION, PLEASE FILL THIS FORM OR CLICK ON MORE INFO AND FAX IT TO US
AnInternational Part time Programme that offers candidates in the Middle East an opportunity to obtain a UK Degree and training in Obstetric Ultrasound from Glasgow Caledonian University.
1. Demonstrate an applied knowledge of anatomy and pathophysiology relating to obstetric ultrasound
- Early Pregnancy
- 1st trimester screening
- 2 nd trimester Fetal Anomaly Screening
- Fetal growth, Liquor Volume and wellbeing
- Placenta and umbilical cord
2. Demonstrate the advanced clinical skills required to perform obstetric ultrasound safely and competently
- Fetal Biometry
- Fetal Anomaly Screening
- Maternal and Fetal Dopplers
- Multiple pregnancies and maternal diseases
3. Critically evaluate the ultrasound findings and where necessary arrange, advise or undertake further
investigations appropriate to local policies and practices
- Image appraisal and optimization
4. Communicate clearly and effectively with clients, patients, carers and other health professionals appropriately and in the context of the examination performed.
- Communication skills
- Breaking bad news
5. Actively demonstrate proficiency in reporting ultrasound examinations and answer the clinical question raised
6. Critically reflect on personal and professional practise in order to challenge, develop, maintain and enhance local and national standards in obstetric ultrasound
All the candidates will undertake exactly the same modules as the on campus students back in the UK and therefore will achieve the same educational learning outcomes and practice experience.
The Postgraduate course consists of three years:
1. Postgraduate Certificate course for 9 months 60 credits
2. Postgraduate Diploma course for 18 months 120 credits
3. Masters in Ultrasound Diploma for 1-2 years 180 credits
The First year is the Postgraduate Certificate course that focuses on the principles of medical
ultrasound and its practice in obstetric ultrasound.
After successfully completing the first year candidates will receive their degree directly from the UK
University and then can choose to continue towards the Diploma and Masters.
The PgC Medical Ultrasound programme (International) offers flexibility to students with exit awards at Masters (MSc), Postgraduate Diploma (PgD) and Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) levels.
Candidates have the option to exit at any level; if they do not wish to continue after the first year they can opt out with 60 credits and a Certificate Degree or continue to the Diploma year and then choose to opt out with a Diploma with 120 credits.
Faculty from the UK University will come to the UAE and conduct all the training in two teaching blocks in a year, along with one or two short courses in between delivering only hands on training.
Mrs E Gardiner MSc, PgC LTHE, fHEA, BSc.
Programme Lead Medical Ultrasound | Lecturer in Diagnostic Imaging | Department of Psychology,
Social Work and Allied Health Sciences | School of Health & Life Sciences
Mrs D Dickson MSc PgC LTHE fHEA BSc (Hons)
Lecturer in Diagnostic Imaging | Department of Psychology, Social Work and Allied Health Sciences /
School of Health & Life Sciences
Dr Reeta Kumar
CONSULTANT OBSTETRICIAN & GYNECOLOGIST MBBS,DGO,MS, DIPLOMA IN OBST.& GYNAE
UNIVERSITY CALENDAR 2018/2019
Teaching Block 1 – Mon 08th Oct 2018 – Thursday 11th Oct 2018
Teaching Block 2 – Mon Feb/March 2019 – Thursday Feb/March 2019
Exam Diet 1- April 2019 -May 2019
Clinical Assessment Week – Aug 2019
Exams will be scheduled by the exams office and dates published as soon as available.
Minimum Programme entry requirements
Available to health care professionals with relevant experience and an interest in the area.
Applicants should have UK Honours degree 2:2 (or equivalent); or an unclassified degree or
professional diploma with over two years professional experience.
Academic IELTS (or equivalent) Current (within 2 years)
Minimum 6.0 with no element under 5.5
COURSE FEE : Contact Programme Director, Mobile : +971 5 57800291,email@example.com
No Refund after Registration, organizer have the right to change the venue subject to the number of